Rubrik, the leader in converged data management, has announced the release of Rubrik Firefly, delivering the world’s first Cloud Data Management platform.
With a growing number of organisations pursuing public cloud to reduce cost and time-to-market while retaining business agility, Rubrik Cloud Data Management enables enterprises to leverage public cloud services to deliver data protection, search and analytics, archiving and compliance, and copy data management capabilities across all their workloads.
“The Firefly release demonstrates the breadth and depth of our vision to deliver complete data management, across platforms and application types. Rubrik allows enterprises to manage all their data with groundbreaking simplicity and velocity while blending in public cloud to drive business innovation,” says co-founder and CTO, Arvind Nithrakashyap.
Anton Jacobsz, MD at Network Unlimited, the sole distributor of Rubrik in Africa adds: “Rubrik Cloud Data Management pioneers a complete platform which is of great value to our African customers as it meets their requirements for data protection, search and analytics, archiving and compliance, and copy data management capabilities for hybrid cloud enterprises.”
Data management for the cloud generation
Over the past year, Rubrik has delivered record business growth due to overwhelming customer demand across enterprises of all sizes and verticals, including Fortune 500 companies. Organisations are shedding complex, legacy multi-tiered solutions for simplified data management purpose-built for cloud to recover, manage, and secure data across private, public, and hybrid clouds. Rubrik delivers mission critical data management functions in a single software fabric spanning clouds - from backup and recovery, disaster recovery, archiving and compliance, search and analytics, to copy data management.
- Instant access – Rubrik delivers instant application recovery and predictive global search by unifying data locked within disparate application silos into one globally indexed namespace while leveraging zero-data cloning technology to enable on-demand copy data workflows.
- Automated orchestration – Rubrik nearly eliminates daily operational management by enabling a single policy engine to orchestrate service level agreements across the entire data lifecycle. The Rubrik programmatic interface automates how data services are created, consumed, and retired across clouds.
- Security and compliance – Rubrik secures data whether in-flight or at-rest throughout its lifecycle, regardless of location. The Rubrik platform delivers granular user provisioning and data permissions across all cloud data management workflows while providing automated compliance reporting to successfully complete various industry and internal audits.
Data management that embraces physical and edge workloads
Rubrik’s Firefly release, debuted to an oversubscribed Early Access Program, extends data management to:
- Physical Microsoft SQL servers – Rubrik radically simplifies Microsoft SQL server protection with a single service level agreement policy engine to automate SQL server data management, and deliver application consistent, incremental forever, and point-in-time recovery (PITR) with intelligent log management.
- Physical Linux servers – The Rubrik platform enables easy protection for physical Linux servers by enabling policy driven, incremental forever data management while providing global predictive search for instant access to file versions across clouds.
- Remote and branch offices – Rubrik extends data management to all business locations with Rubrik Edge. Delivered as a software appliance, Rubrik Edge retains the hallmark Rubrik simplicity while providing complete data protection to remote and branch offices.